Environmental safety is a top priority at the Elga Coal Complex and its affiliated railway infrastructure.
Key environmental commitments are:
• compliance with environmental legislation
• applying the best technologies available
• compliance with established standards of accepted environmental impact
• continuous environmental control and monitoring
• taking measures to compensate for negative environmental impact
• making payments for negative impact
The applied measures allow the company's environmental impact to be minimised. The project's development requires a series of surveys, environmental impact assessments, and state environmental review to be conducted.